Monday, October 22, 2012

Six Hours In The Salt Lake City Airport Doesn't Count As A Natural Disaster

I'm home and have been for 12 hours give or take. I didn't get nearly as much sleep as I would have liked (or needed) because at 6 AM give or take Scooter decided to let me know just how much he adores me. After an hour of purring, head butting and petting (he pets me; he's the only cat I've ever had who does that), he felt the time had come to bite me and I felt the time had come to get out of bed.

So I am still very tired.

The clothes are in the drier and as soon as I finish this, I'll pop over to my mother's and see how her laundry is doing (I know how she's doing, since I've already spoken to her).

But I did want to let you know that Life As We Knew It won a poll without my telling (okay, begging) you to  vote on it. An honest to goodness victory:
Last week we asked you which natural disaster in YA lit was the most terrifying, and your overwhelming choice was the meteor striking the moon in Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. The volcanic eruption in Mike Mullin’s Ashfall and the drought in Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse also collected a few votes.  
I guess you could call it a landslide victory.

Tomorrow, or maybe Wednesday since Tuesday is $2.00 off at the movies for old folks day, I'll write about my excellent time in Utah and show you some pretty pictures. But today is devoted to laundry and napping.

It's good to be home!

No comments: