Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'll Take Suffering Succotash for 400, Alex

Google, bless its little heart, was kind enough to send me this after the fact writeup of the Morton Grove, IL Life As We Knew It book discussion avec Jeopardy event:

How Annuities Work | Calendar10 hours ago by Admin

R.E.A.D.: Read, Eat, and Discuss, a teenager book deliberation will examination Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer at 7 p.m. Feb. 28. Share your thoughts on the book, fool around Jeopardy and suffer food and drinks. ...


Trust me, nobody suffers like I suffer, but I don't want any of you to suffer (who needs the competition), so I posted the fabulous LAWKI Jeopardy game on a different site. I hope this one will work for all of you.

Did you notice that subtle bit of French up above? That one year of high school French has made it much easier for me to follow the French version of LAWKI over at Amazon France. Of course by the time you hit that link, it'll probably have an Amazon ranking of 1,922,472,183, but it's been delightfully under 1000 for most of today (it made it into the 200s this morning, which I think is the best ranking any LAWKI in any language has ever had).

Okay. Now that I think about it, I don't have that much worth suffering over. But that's never kept me from trying!

5 comments:

Dawn M. said...

Yay, it worked! Thank you for posting the questions on a different site. :0)

Took the quiz. Missed way too many questions. I see a reread in my future....

Dawn

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

I'm glad it worked for you, Dawn M.

Bridget Higdon said...

These questions are great! Now they need one for the other two books! Thanks for putting them on a different site. :)

Elaine Marie Alphin said...

Way cool! Unlike the TV Jeopardy, I knew the answers to these questions (and was relieved I didn't have to state them in question format).

Thanks for posting the questions on a non-Windows site!

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hi tigerlily* and Elaine Marie Alphin (without an *)-

My guess is creating that Jeopardy game took a lot of work, so I don't think we should count on ones for the other books anytime soon. But I'm delighted with the one.

And I'm pleased I was able to put it on a site everyone seems to be able to use!